Friday, October 8, 2010

THE DRAGONFLY SHOP


Well I did it!
This month I returned to Thailand from the UK having achieved something which had just been a dream for over a year. It took 3 months but it was so worth the effort.
The Dragonfly shop is the next step in moving the charity forward big time. It has been a huge success and has proved to be an incredible platform for the charity.
It is funny because like a dragonfly, the shop had a previous life-it was our Jewellery Shop. It slept unused for a while and has now been reborn as something totally different and quite amazing.

It was also a big step for me. After doing so much myself I have been able to let go a little and in allowing other people to help I have let Josie's Dragonfly Trust take a big step forward.
I'm sure Josie found me the perfect person to run it. Sue is wonderful and has taken the fund raising side on with a passion!

This year we have had so many Cash Gift requests it has been really worrying at the same time the charities funds were dwindling each month .... in September we had a record 13 Cash gifts of 500.00 each go out to help children with cancer get through their last days with a smile.
Despite this, for the first time in years we actually had more money come into the fund in September than went out.
It's a major breakthrough & I am so happy!

So if your in Hexham call into see this very special shop. It's full of lovely dragonfly gifts sales of which support the charity.
If you go in the morning there are even sometimes rainbows in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment